What do you do to stay mindful and calm during periods of stress and uncertainty? Here at CuddlyNest, one of the things that help us stay connected, grounded, and mindful together is yoga. That’s why twice a week, all in different parts of the world, we get together virtually through AtréYoga Studio, to practice.
Start Your Morning with Yoga
For this week’s Workout Wednesday, we invite our community to join us in our practice, by starting with Surya Namaskar – Sun Salutation. This is the perfect flow to start your day off on the right foot. Learn the correct positions and form for each pose provided here, by yoga instructor, Anna Paloma, and follow along on our IGTV and Facebook Watch to practice the Sun Salutation with our CuddlyNest Community. Namaste!
1. Standing Mountain Pose — Tadasana
Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Press your palms together in prayer position.
2. Upward Salute — Urdhva Hastasana
Inhale as you sweep your arms out to the side and overhead. Gently arch your back and gaze toward the sky.
3. Standing Forward Fold — Uttanasana
Exhale as you fold forward from the hips. Bend your knees if necessary.
4. Half Standing Forward Fold — Ardha Uttanasana
Inhale as you lift your torso halfway, lengthening your spine forward so your back is flat. Your torso should be parallel to the floor. Keep your fingertips on the floor.
5. Four-Limbed Staff Pose — Chaturanga Dandasana
Exhale as you step or jump back into Plank Pose (High Push-Up Pose), with your hands under your shoulders and feet hip-distance apart. Continue exhaling as you lower your body toward the floor. Keep your elbows tucked in toward your sides. If needed, come to your knees for Half Chaturanga.
6. Upward-Facing Dog Pose — Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
Inhale as you draw your chest forward and straighten your arms. Draw your shoulders back and lift your heart to the sky. Press through the tops of your feet, lifting your thighs off the floor and fully engaging your leg muscles. Keep your elbows tucked in toward your sides.
7. Downward-Facing Dog Pose — Adho Mukha Svanasana
Exhale as you lift your hips and roll over your toes, placing the soles of your feet on the floor. Your heels do not need to touch the ground. Ground down through your hands and the soles of your feet as you lengthen your spine. Lift your belly and sit bones toward the sky.
8. Half Standing Forward Fold — Ardha Uttanasana
Inhale as you step or jump both feet between your hands. Lift your torso halfway, lengthening your spine forward so your back is flat. Your torso should be parallel to the floor.
9. Standing Forward Fold — Uttanasana
Exhale as you fold your torso over your thighs. Bend your knees if necessary.
10. Upward Salute — Urdhva Hastasana
Inhale as you sweep your arms out to the side and extend up once again. Gently arch your back and gaze toward the sky.
11. Mountain Pose — Tadasana
Exhale as you come back into Mountain Pose. Bring your hands into prayer position.
Repeat this sequence five times for a full practice.
Why we practice with AtréYoga:
- Their instructors are clear and precise, always focusing on a rectangular position of the mat for asanas and clear instruction during yoga training.
- Metaphors and examples are used to guide the asanas and make them easier to understand.
- Whether you’re a beginner or advanced yogi, anyone can participate and learn thanks to the visual cues and guidance from the instructors.
Come join us for the next session!
Browse. Book. Stay.