- Property Type:
- Number of Bathrooms:
- Checkin Start:
- Checkin End:
- Room Type:
About this listingContact Host for Inquiry
- Extra people: No Charge
- Cleaning Fee:
• Take in exciting, bold and modern pop art while relaxing in a stylish and spacious penthouse apartment!
• Beautiful two-bedroom apartment
• Entire top floor of our townhouse
• After a day filled with NYC adventures, the Pop! Art Penthouse provides a quiet, restful place to take a break and unwind.
• Steps away from the 2/3 subway
We can’t wait to meet you!
• Each bedroom contains a queen-sized bed
• The pull-out in the living room can comfortably accommodate two guests
• Alternatively, there are two single rollaway beds if guests prefer to keep the sofa put away
• Crib (pack-and-play) and high chair available on request
• High speed Wi-Fi
• Smart TV and Apple TV with Netflix, Hulu, and other premium services
• Amazon Alexa with Spotify
• Smart lighting via Philips Hue
• Keypad entry systems on the door to the building and the door to the unit so check-in is very easy (and, there is no need to carry around keys)
• The kitchen is stocked with all of the tools you will need to prepare or order in a meal (availability of staple ingredients varies)
• Nestled in the heart of Harlem, this apartment is located on a quiet, safe, tree-lined street
• Steps away from the 2/3 subway lines, and within easy walking distance of the B/C subway
• Harlem’s vibrant food and beverage, cultural, and nightlife scenes surround this unit, and everything that the rest of New York City has to offer is just a short subway ride away.
Guests have exclusive use of the two-bedroom apartment. There are keypad entry systems on the door to the building and the door to the unit (code will be sent prior to arrival), so check-in is very flexible.
Interaction with Guests:
I live in a different unit in the building and will be available should you need anything, but you will have total privacy. Feel free to call or message me anytime!
Welcome to the authentic, culturally rich Manhattan neighborhood of Harlem. This neighborhood, a short subway ride away from downtown Manhattan, is located just north of Columbia University in Morningside Heights and the Upper West Side. Beautiful, busy, and bursting with personality, Harlem is home to coffee shops, museums, shopping, and incredible restaurants.
And did we mention it was once home to Alexander Hamilton?
In the early 20th century, our neighborhood was the home of the Harlem Renaissance, an explosion of African-American cultural movements spanning dance, music, theater and art. That rich heritage is still present today, and you will love getting to experience it.
Our apartment is located on a quiet, safe, tree-lined street, steps away from the 2-3 subway and two blocks away from the ABC subway, connecting you to all of Manhattan. For a relaxing walk, head two blocks to St. Nicholas Park near the City College of New York and check out the Alexander Hamilton Grange National Monument. Or, check out all that’s happening on Harlem’s famous 125th Street, lined with stores and famous entertainment venues, like the Apollo Theater. View amazing art at the Studio Museum, scope out the National Jazz Museum, the Schomburg Center for Black Culture and El Museo del Barrio.
Looking for live music? Look no further. Harlem is a music innovation hub. Check out Amateur Night at the Apollo (Wednesdays), Minton’s, the Showmans Jazz Club. Or, grab a tasty libation at Bier International or 67 Orange Street.
Hungry? You’re in luck. Harlem has the best food in New York (but we may be biased!). Local favorites Red Rooster, Harlem Shake, Chez Lucienne, Corner Social, and Melba’s can get you started. But that’s only scratching the surface.
Enjoy all Harlem has to offer, or hop on the subway and find yourself deep in the heart of Manhattan’s cultural attractions.
From our apartment to by public transportation (walking time included):
Central Park: 7 minutes
Yankee Stadium: 18 minutes
Times Square (and TKTS for reduced price Broadway tickets): 20 minutes
Madison Square Garden: 22 minutes
Lincoln Center: 26 minutes
5th Avenue shops: 27 minutes
MoMA: 29 minutes
Empire State Building: 29 minutes
Grand Central Station: 30 minutes
Rockefeller Center (“30 Rock,” The Today Show/NBC Studios, Christmas Tree Lighting and Famous Ice Skating Rink): 30 minutes
Greenwich Village: 31 minutes
Radio City Music Hall: 32 minutes
The Metropolitan Museum of Art: 35 minutes
One World Trade Center and 9/11 Memorial: 35 minutes
Staten Island Ferry: 40 minutes
Statue of Liberty (Battery Park): 45 minutes
The apartment is located very near the 135th Street subway stations at Malcom X Blvd./Lenox Ave. and St. Nicholas Ave.
135th Street subway station at Malcom X Blvd./Lenox Ave.
- Walk 0.1 miles (about 2 minutes) to the north and west to the apartment.
- Subway lines: 2, 3
135th Street subway stations at St. Nicholas Ave.
- Walk 0.4 miles (about 8 minutes) to the north and east to the apartment.
- Subway lines: A, B, C
Other Things to Note:
The smaller bedroom has a skylight which provides natural light to the room, but no other windows. Other than that, relax and make yourself at home!
• No smoking
• No pets
• No parties or events
• Check-in is anytime after 3PM
About the host, Matt
Member Since: September, 2018
Hi, I'm Matt! I love to travel, meet new people and listen to pop music from around the world. My partner, John, and I have stayed in many home rentals around the world, and we have taken what we have learned from those interactions to create impeccable home rental experiences for our own guests.
(Och vi kan prata lite svenska!)