Vacation rentals in Greece
Find the perfect vacation rentals in Greece
Quick facts about Greece
Popular cities in Greece
Popular vacation rentals in Greece
Travel information about Greece
Greece is a popular country located in the Mediterranean Sea, located in Southern Europe. It's officially called the "Hellenic Republic", and historically know as Hellas. There are over eleven million people living here. The largest city is Athens, which is the nation's capital, with the second largest city being Thessaloniki.
Greece has the distinction of being bordered by many continents, including Europe, Asia, and Africa. The Aegean Sea is to the east, Ionian Sea to the West, and the Cretan and Mediterranean Seas to the south.
Greece is split into nine different regions. These include Thrace, Macedonia, Thessaly, Epirus, Central Greece, Peloponnese, the Aegean Islands, the Ionian Islands, and Crete. Tourism is one of the main economies of Greece today. There are many choices when you wish to choose the best beach front villa rentals for your vacation.
Things to Do In Greece
- Greece has many ancient and historical sites. It can help to take a tour of each region of Greece so you save time on transportation, and don't miss out on anything. Perhaps the most important historical destination will be a trip to the Parthenon on the Acropolis of Athens. This was built during the classical times in Greece.
- Another notable attraction is the Odeon of Herodes in Athens, which was originally built in 161AD. This is framed by structural ruins at the back, with a more modern seating arrangement surrounding the stage. Today, it's the main venue for the Athens Festival, which runs from May to October. You may wish to book tickets during your stay here.
- Sailing and boating are popular activities in all of the seas surrounding Greece. Many of the touring companies will take you out on day tours, as some islands do not have beach front villas to stay at. You can easily take ferries from island to island too. There are over 1200 islands here, or 6000, if you include the islets. Of these, over 227 are occupied.
- There are many UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Greece. There are many older churches that have been well-preserved here, including the Hagia Sophia. This is a Byzantine Church that was built during the 8th century in Thessaloniki.
- Three major cities in Greece were walled in, to protect them from invaders. These include Athens, Corinth, and Thessaloniki. Many of the other cities benefited from being on mountainous slopes. In Thessoniki is the White Tower, which is a sole structure that remains of a much larger fortress. In the city of Rhodes is the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes. It was built during the late 7th century and is still in excellent condition.
- Over eighty percent of Greece is covered by mountains and hills. There are also a large number of wetlands here. The country is the perfect location for the walker, hiker, or bicyclist.
- There are many beach front villa rentals in Greece. Likely you'll want to travel around the country, so you can stay at one for one week, then choose a different beach front villa for the following week. Please visit CuddlyNest to choose your favourites!
CuddlyNest Provides You Comfort for Your Vacations
Greece is pre-booked all over the year. Finding the perfect locality with the perfect accommodation is impossible in this archeological hub if you haven’t planned your trip and made all the bookings at least 6 months before you travel. But CuddlyNest makes sure you don’t miss out on the opportunity to visit this historical marvel of a city just because you timed out. CuddlyNest has got a diverse range of perfectly spacious and well-maintained vacation rentals. From our range, you can pick your perfect rental at the price suitable for you and enjoy the city at your selected dates. You can get an apartment near the ruins, a villa at the hills, a spacious house right at the center of the city, or whatever you wish for. The fully furnished rentals that we hold for you ensure privacy, safety, comfort, and connectivity. Don’t believe the word? Go to the website of CuddlyNest and see it for yourself.
Travelling to Greece
Greece is home to 15 international airports, 20 national airports and 7 other public airports. You can take a flight to any of the 15 international airports, take a cab, share a shuttle, take a connecting domestic flight to the next airport, rent a car and enjoy at your own free will. The names of the 15 cities these international airports are located in are given below:
- Athens / Sparta
- Kavala / Chrysoupoli
- Mytilene, Lesbos
- Thessaloniki / Mikra
Nature of Greece
Greece has given birth to some of the greatest researchers. Some of them like Aristotle, Theophrastus, Dioscorides and many more studied flowers of the region. Greece now withholds 5,514 taxa of species and sub-species out of which 1000 species are still not well known. Greece is also a place that offers you the experience of Agritourism where you can visit fields and get closer to Mother Nature and get an experience of the freshness the soil and its ripe fruits give. You can even give a hand to the farmers there and try harvesting the fruits, hanging out with the cattle, and making pottery yourself. In Addition to this, Greece has more than 300 small or big mountains which are available for extreme sports like paragliding, trekking, hiking, mountain biking and so on. Mount Olympus is the highest peak of the country and mythologically is known to the home of god Zeus with the height of 2,917m. There are several small rivers and lakes in the region which are open for water sports in summer, more than 8500 caves which have water and date back to millenniums, several canyons are available for all kinds of sports, volcanoes which marked the disappearance of civilizations and seas as well, and the most beautiful of waterfalls.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Greece
Greece is home to more than 18 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. These archeological sites are the main reason of Greece being one of the most visited sites of world. One of these is the renowned Acropolis of Athens. Acropolis is an ancient citadel located on the outcrop of Athens. Consisting of several temples and archeological buildings. The most important sites at Acropolis are namely the Parthenon (Greek temple dedicated to Athena), the Propylaia (the gateway to Acropolis), the Erechtheion (Greek temple dedicated to Poseidon and Athena), and The Temple of Athena Nike. Few of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites are mentioned below:
- Acropolis (Athens, Attica)
- Archeological Site of Aigai (Imathia, Central Macedonia)
- Archeological Site of Delphi (Phocis, Central Greece)
- Archeological Site of Mystras (Laconia, Peloponnese)
- Archeological Site of Olympia (Elis, West Greece)
- Archeological Site of Mycenae and Tiryns (Argolis, Peloponnese)
- Delos (Cyclades, South Aegean)
- Historic Center (Chora) with the Monastery of Saint John (Patmos, South Aegean)
- Medieval city of Rhodes (Rhodes, South Aegean)
- Monasteries of Daphni, Hosios Loukas, and Nea Moni of Chios
- Old Town of Corfu (Corfu, Ionian Islands)
- Paleochristian and Byzantine Monuments of Thessaloniki (Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia)
- Pythagoreion and Heraion of Samos (Samos, North Aegean)
Beaches of Greece
Greece has 4 different seas in 4 different directions, thus, it has some of the most exotic beaches as well. Some of these beaches have a rocky seabed and some have fine sand for you to enjoy laying on. You can play volleyball at these beaches, take the thrill of surfing the tides, go kite-surfing, get relaxed with the beautiful soul-reflecting waters, take a swim with your friends and family, go camping at the night with a barbeque night and some chilly ghost stories, take a relaxing spa at the beach, take a jet ski and enjoy the best you can, or else you can take a quadbike and then can stroll along the coastline as well.