Volcano Bay is Orlando, Florida’s latest and most exciting adventure park. They celebrated their opening anniversary this past month. Volcano Bay is a water-themed park for the entire family. Even if you’ve already had the chance to take in some of the sights, the park is planning on expansion in the upcoming year.
Here are 5 of the amazing sights and features you’ll get to see at Volcano Bay. If you’re planning on visiting, check out CuddlyNest to book your apartment or condo, as vacation rentals going to book up fast this summer.
- Unique Entry Point. Instead of being faced with turnstiles and ticket booths, visitors enter the park through a wooden gazebo, complete with totem poles, music, and water features. If you’ve booked with one of the cabanas, you get to use the concierge services.
- Adventure Park Amenities. There is a lot to do at Volcano Bay, so expect to spend an entire day here. Your visit can start at the Waturi Beach, where there is a huge wave pool bigger than a football field. There is also the Krakatau Aqua Coaster that launches you up and down in the air. There are also locker rooms where you can store your stuff.
- Krakatau. All points in the park lead to Krakatau, a tall man-made mountain, full of cascading waterfalls. At night, this is the center of a light and sound show. There are even seats where you can sit and relax after a hard day of adventuring to watch as Krakatau erupts in fiery bright colors of red and orange.
4. TapuTapu Technology. This tech features a special wristband that is a lot like a fitness tracker, but more. It contains your hotel key, credit card information, theme park tickets, and works as an RFID locator, handy if your kids go wandering off. Volcano Bay is the testing ground for this new technology, and it could soon be rolled out to Universal Parks, making your vacation more enjoyable.
5. More Expansion on the Way. In order for adventure parks to stay fresh and attract more guests, they must stay ahead of the game. Universal is already planning on extending Volcano Bay another five acres. This could involve more water slides, a bar, or an interactive experience. Some of these plans may have been what originally got cut from the park’s initial conception. The Aventura Hotel is also due to open soon, providing a way for guests to stay right on the resort. If your entire family is planning to stay in Orlando, it may be better to stay at vacation rentals than a hotel. You can rent directly from property managers or homeowners at CuddlyNest. Here you can find short-term accommodations with plenty of amenities that are needed for your family. Fully-equipped kitchens can save you money over time, as you won’t have to pay for three restaurant meals a day.It’s the height of tourist season in Orlando, Florida. Book your vacation travel now, and plan on spending at least one day at Volcano Bay.